A Brief History of Aesthetican Ships

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    Over a year ago, Aesthetican vessels underwent several reincarnations to quickly compete with other galactic powers. This progress continues today with the help of external shipyards, and thus I would like to present a brief history of Aesthetican vessels during that time span.

In the beginning, there was the Aesthetic-class Frigate. A 180-ish metre long nightmare that put Aesthetican vessels on the map. The vessel was reviewed by renowned shipwright Raiben months later, and has heavily criticised for its lack of interior, piss-poor performance, and peculiar choice of design, especially the hallmark pink paint. Several other vessels were constructed in this style on the same day, all of which bore the same white-on-pink and blue patterning on its external hull, and poor standard of construction.

Following the construction of these vessels, Aesthetican shipwrights decided to have at it again with other colour schemes, shapes, and interiors; taking heavy inspiration from the likes of Raiben and FlyingDebris. The result? The Victorious-class Destroyer.

Aided by jontyfreack and Napther, the Victorious-class became the staple of Aesthetican ship design, hailed as a remarkable step up from the previous abominations of the previous generation of ships. Retaining its widely critiqued pink paint, and even some patterning of old, the Victorious-class defined Aesthetican ships for months (save for the KV-2-2-2 on top of it, which is also nice), until the third and fourth generations of warships rendered the vessel obsolete.

During the golden age of the Victorious, the smaller Daring-class Corvette was constructed, adding to the pink and white a teal pattern. The vessel was small and didn't perform well in combat situations, but it did have a sizeable interior.

Vessels such as the Rebellion-class Corvette (reviewed by Saber) and the RF-01 Torrent began to show up several months after the Victorious' golden age. At this point, Aesthetican ships began to take a darker, more industrial tone, with greys and browns accompanying the more subtle pink. Inspired by Raiben's own ships, the Rebellion-class bore a hammerhead. This design feature found its way on several other vessels.

One such vessel was the H-class Freighter, a 201m long cargo hauler with a huge vertical hammerhead that became a timeless classic within the community. It was at this point Aesthetican vessels began to resemble more closely those of the Star Wars universe. But there was an exception.

The Rihn, meaning "Dart", was a racing ship designed to compete with Raiben's racing ship. The ship was 150m long, and despite its size, it could reach top speed at the maximum thrust to mass ratio possible without overdrive, and could exceed the speed limits with full overdrive effects. This meant the Rihn could run from missiles for fun, and would've given Raiben's ship a run for it's money... except the race never occurred.

After the Rihn came the RB-22 Whirlwind, a bomber that quickly reinstated the present design choices of Aesthetican ships. The bomber continues to see service today with the Aesthetican Resistance.

Designed to be the starfighter to the RB-22's bomber, the RF-02X was a failed prototype fighter that performed incredibly underwhelmingly, and affirmed Aesthetica's ships to be closely matched to that of Star Wars vessels.

While the vessel remains unfinished today, the Adamant-class Battlecruiser came next chronologically, marking the beginning of the fourth generation of Aesthetican warships. The fourth generation was designed to closely match the shapes of the renowned and famous Imperial Star Destroyers, as the wedge shape was incredibly imposing, adding an "oh shit" factor to the vessels.

The postergirl of the Aesthetican Resistance, the Marauder-class Corvette is nearing completion, being fitted elsewhere with the systems required for it to perform well in combat, and is the only example of the fourth-generation paint scheme. The vessel is monochrome, opting for different shades of grey like the third generation ships before it, however there is substantially less pink, and the hull is not plastered with piping, ventilation and other technical greebles, instead going for a clean, militaristic look. The Marauder is an exciting and imposing vessel that sets the current standard of Aesthetican ships.

Lastly, the more successful RF-03 Tyrant became the new starfighter of Aesthetica. Sharp, pointy and with a peculiar engine design, the Tyrant is as imposing as its bigger sister the Marauder, and for its size, packs quite the punch. The advanced version of the starfighter, shown above, perfects the design of the Tyrant, thus making it one of the most effective starfighters to ever grace the cosmos.

This concludes our brief history of Aesthetican ships. From the lumbering Aesthetic-class to the stunning Marauder, our vessels have been on quite the journey over the span of a single year, and we hope that this journey can continue ever onward. With the advent of the completion of the Adamant-class Battlecruiser and the future Consulator-class Galleon, the standard of Aesthetican ships is bound to improve, and we owe it to individuals like Raiben, jontyfreack, Jake_Lancia, Calhoun, crazyf22raptor, FlyingDebris, RedAlert_007, Saber, nightrune and Napther that this is so.

Aesthetica's journey continues ever onward. May our ships be prettier, and may they kill something along the way - and look damn good doing it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I actually quite like the pink and teal ships. I will remember that color combo in the future!

Reactions: Winterhome

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    OhShitIWasTagged.jpg

Yeah, I remember crawling through and gutting the Destroyer for "needless" armour and wasteful systems (I think half of it was power cap in the end anyway) and adding in a set of AUX to its belly to generate power for its staged-alpha ion beam so you used the Regeneration more than the Power Tank (Storage is highly innefficient) as well as fixing your missiles, reinvigourating your beam turrets, and giving it a decent yet RP logical Cannon-cannon-punch

...Sorry about your Airlock though on it :P

Aesthetics

Dark Lord of the Sith
    Reaction score
    OhShitIWasTagged.jpg

Yeah, I remember crawling through and gutting the Destroyer for "needless" armour and wasteful systems (I think half of it was power cap in the end anyway) and adding in a set of AUX to its belly to generate power for its staged-alpha ion beam so you used the Regeneration more than the Power Tank (Storage is highly innefficient) as well as fixing your missiles, reinvigourating your beam turrets, and giving it a decent yet RP logical Cannon-cannon-punch

...Sorry about your Airlock though on it :P
    Not to worry, I patched that airlock right up.

Reaction score
    this gives me hope... hope that my ship designing skills will evolve into something worth posting...

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well to be fair, the Rockhopper itself looks a lot like the Vaygr Capital Ship from Homeworld2.
    Trinovan architecture draws a lot from Homeworld, and it seems a little bit of Halo is in there as well. (I make Trinova Hulls) It's still pretty ironic that the Vaygr Empire doesn't actually use Vaygr ships, but that's just me.

Reactions: virtue1987
    G

GDPR 302420

It's still pretty ironic that the Vaygr Empire doesn't actually use Vaygr ships, but that's just me.
    Nighthawk77 had a fleet of Homeworld Vaygr ships ready to be put into service when he took command during one of the many times Zoro went AWOL for a few weeks awhile back.

Although afaik they were never deployed to any servers.

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nighthawk77 had a fleet of Homeworld Vaygr ships ready to be put into service when he took command during one of the many times Zoro went AWOL for a few weeks awhile back.

oof

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7

OOOOh, sounds nice, i would really like to see that.