3rd person view for less claustrophobic feeling

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello starmade.

I just downloaded the game and it was pretty good. There is one thing thought that bugs me. You can't fly whilst you are in third person, like in build mode. I have played games where you see the ship from behind like here, and it gives a lot better feeling while you play though.

It would be good if you could get a view of the ship whilest flying like this:

Hope you could add this feature.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    you can do this, to a very basic extent tho, either place a sd cockpit in the air in the back(Will be protected if you have shields, shields go off and it gets hit, it will be destroyed) OR hold left shift and use scroll wheel to adjust field of view.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    there is a way to go into 3rd person mode, all you have to do is go into your options menu and change the scroll wheel from item bar to zoom then scroll out

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That \"solution\" places the camera at a fixed location, directly behind the ship.

For capital ships, generally wide ships and anything meant for combat, this is highly impactical. A proper third person camera requires adjustment slightly above or below the controlled avatar, in order to allow for target selection and combat overview.

A proper third person view is a viable suggestion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with you, Aceface. I would add this idea for the human as well. I\'m pretty sure most of us tried looking at their own player\'s face while in game.