3 step landing gear deploymemt

Reaction score
    I figured out how to use a few of the basic logic rails and my ship now has lifts that move between floors on a loop. I'm happy with that, but now I need to do the landing gear and that I'm not too sure where to start. part of the leg is built into the door.

#1 So the door will drop about 2 blocks to make room,

#2 the door will swing out to the side 180 degrees

#3 the leg will rotate 135 degrees from door.

#2 and #3 can happen at the same time maybe a delay between them or 1 then the other, either way.

I want to be able to trigger both the deployment and the retraction in reverse order from the cockpit.

Any help?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    You need some AND or NOT gates relying on a flip-flop that defines if the gear is up/down. This way you can trigger half the logic one way, and the other half after.

Reactions: JumpSuit
    Reaction score
    You need some AND or NOT gates relying on a flip-flop that defines if the gear is up/down. This way you can trigger half the logic one way, and the other half after.
    I havent messed with any of those 3 yet. Any good tutorials on them?

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    I would do this with a short delay chain linked from an inner ship remote. Each operation to deploy is triggered by a delay somewhere in the chain when the inner ship remote is turned on. Stowing operations are triggered by NOTs linked to the chain that activate as the delay chain turns off when the inner ship remote is turned off.

I've used this method for fairly complex actions an example of which can be downloaded ( Tri-mode transforming VF-1S v50 ) to dissect for ideas.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I have a ship with folding wings. Those wings when folding/unfolding leave a gap between the main hull and the wing itself. So i have other bits docked that fill the gaps. To do that i have a couple of delay blocks but mostly it is when the docked entity reach a certain point on the rail it triggers a button that in return trigger the other rail operations to move the filling entities.

First video is without the filling bits at the joints of the wings.

Second video is with the filling bits...