2 Turret Orientation suggestions

Reaction score
    1. My first suggestion is that turret orientation can be controlled by the direction of the turret docking module so turrets will face the direction that the turret docking block is pointing.

2. A second suggestion would be to have the turrets return to their default normal orientation when enemies have been eliminated. currently, when turrets stop firing, they stay in the same position as they last fired in and don't move until another enemy comes by. This looks kind of sloppy when flying around and they are pointed all over the place.

Reaction score
    i like this :)

sometimes i have to manually get into the turrets to strighten them out when parking my ship in the home base bay cause the upper turret is almost pointing stright up making it impossible to fit in I am sure this will be comming later on as it slowly gets more polishing

Reaction score
    I\'m always having the problem of port-side turrets pointing up and starboard-side turrets facing down. And the turrets on the underside of a ship facing backwards. So I fully support your idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The part about turrets returning to default orientation when enemies are cleared is the main thing I wanted to say, but then realized that a lot of people don\'t like that their turrets dock backwards on bottom and things like that.

Solution, have the turret return to default orientation, and a \"press R to activate\" on the turret docking module, then a window pops up showing something like a basic ship sketched in, and an arrow in the middle. then you can click the arrow so it points to the front, bottom, top, or back of the ship, and that is the direction that will be their default.

Hope this is inplimented sometime, preferably soon!