2 simple questions about forum features

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    1) How can I link to specific posts? - If one wants to share (at places where one can't quote) let's say the 9th post of the 2nd page of a thread, how to avoid directing others to the top of page 2?

2) When uploading images to attach to posts in either threads or Community Content resource pages, how can I select the pictures all at once (when browsing a computer folder)? Mouse-selection, Control-clicking or Shift-and-move-key-ing don't seem to work for me.

Thanks!

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    1: hover over the little #number at the bottom right of the post for the permalink.

2 simple questions about forum features

upload_2018-2-12_15-31-47.png

2: I dont recall being able to do that... but I need more coffee!

Edit: going to edit and "more options" im not seeing any means to upload a bunch of images at once.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Sachys - Thank you for the help! Those post permalinks will be useful to make a neat chronological list of the otherwise scattered progress-update posts of a particular project.

Regarding the possibility to select several images to start uploading them at once, I vaguely recall, but might be wrong, that it was a thing around 1.5 years ago, but never mind.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I vaguely recall, but I might be wrong, that it was a thing around 1.5 years ago, but never mind.
    Maybe the forum needs more stabilisers for that to function?! O____o~

...and no worries - the permalinks arent the most noticable part of the interface really.

Edit: forgot to add (should anybody else look this up and wonder), the forum automatically adds the thread title to the hyperlink - no need to mess around there

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Edit: forgot to add (should anybody else look this up and wonder), the forum automatically adds the thread title to the hyperlink - no need to mess around there
    I'm curious, are you familiar with Keptick's "Charon" titan project?

I discovered the famous, ago-old, gigantic thread showcasing its endless construction progress only recently. It has a neat list in the first post with links to the major updates, all titled properly, so that those who are interested don't have to scroll through the whole thread to see the ship's evolution unfold. Can I achieve such custom-titled hyperlinks with standard HTML coding? (I didn't mess with that stuff for a long time).

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm curious, are you familiar with Keptick's "Charon" titan project?

I discovered the famous, ago-old, gigantic thread showcasing its endless construction progress only recently. It has a neat list in the first post with links to the major updates, all titled properly, so that those who are interested don't have to scroll through the whole thread to see the ship's evolution unfold. Can I achieve such custom-titled hyperlinks with standard HTML coding? (I didn't mess with that stuff for a long time).
    If you're wanting to do this in a forum post, use the anchor bbcode. Instructions on how to use bbcode on this forum is here: BB Codes | StarMade Dock

Anchor should be at the bottom of the page.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic