Bug [0.201.088 pre]Astrotech cannot repair Grey Basic Armor

Reaction score
    Maybe it's because armor blocks are generic on slot thing but while trying to repair damaged craft with Astrotech I get error that I need "Grey Basic Armor" in my or linked inventory. Have more than enough of those and was able to repair other blocks until got stuck with Grey Basic Armor

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I think that the ability to restore blocks is an amazing addition. Unfortunately, this feature is incomplete; as the astrotech seems to not be able to distinguish between the different subcategories of a given block type.

For example; I shot a small shuttle and left some hull/system damage on it. When trying to repair the ship, I got the same "inventory" message and figured I had to have a storage block filled with the needed parts attached to the repair beam. I got the message again but this time it said I didn't have any grey basic armor slabs. So to rule out any possible error on my part, I spawned a fresh copy of the same shuttle, then scrapped it and put all the parts into my repair storage. Same message; missing grey basic armor slabs.

Tonight, I got the same message about wedges.