Welcome to the Dock!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Greetings and a warm welcome to the StarMade Community!

If you don't already know me, I'm DukeofRealms the General Manager and Forum Lead for StarMade. As you may have noticed the website and forums are looking a wee bit different than what they used to look like, and I believe they look pretty fine. Not only do they look better but they are more efficient than the previous website and forums, and a lot easier on the eyes. For the past half a year now I have been working on the forums, with help from Matt (resba) along the way. Miles (wedtm) has been working on the main website and our friend Mike (Audentio Design) has created the beautiful templates and graphics you see here today. I'm sure the other guys will want to boast about what they have done in their own post or announcement, so I'll leave that to them.

Forum wise a lot has changed, all for the communities enjoyment and to make the site team's job at The Dock a lot easier. Below I will detail some nifty new features that we have added to the new forums, and some general info.

• The StarMade forums run on the forum software Xenforo
    • The Community Content page or CC for short allows users to upload and display users contributions to the StarMade community with ease, and makes it easier on the user to find the content they want, whether it be a Ship, Space Station, Texture Pack, Skin or Mod.
    • StarMade Streams can be easily found on the Streams tab, and the 3 streams with the most viewers are displayed on the front page.
    • StarMade official stream events will be displayed on the front page for all to view.
    • Community News and Competitions will be displayed on the front page news module.
    • There is now a report function, users can report posts or content for a moderator to review.
    • There are now specific forum rules, and failure to follow them will result in a warning, each category of rules has a certain amount of warning points, once a user passes a point they will be temp banned , and if another warning is issued a permanent ban. Warning points vary, and some rules if broken will result in a instant perm ban.
    • And MUCH more, just check it out yourself!
    Come check out the new rules here!

Over the next few days please bear with us as we try to fix any site problems that occur, as no large testing has been completed. If you find any problems with the forums, or if you have any suggestions, please post them in this section http://starmadedock.net/forums/sitesupport/

Once again, welcome to the new site and I hope you will enjoy your time here!

- SM Dock Team

(So like that? Anchor Test)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    My first look around the new-look website and forums has left me very impressed! Well done and keep up the good work :)

~CR~

Reaction score
    Certainly an improvement over the old website :)

Reaction score
    Am I missing something or is the link missing for the new forum rules?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    awesome i really like the starmade box you made for buying starmade. it looks so much more legit

Reaction score
    Professional indeed, a big step forward.

Good Work guys :)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Very nice!

On a side note, how wide are the forum pages? I'm looking to get a siggy that stretches all the way, left to right.

Audentio

Web Designer
    Reaction score
    Very nice!

On a side note, how wide are the forum pages? I'm looking to get a siggy that stretches all the way, left to right.
    It will be responsive soon, so that won't work. At the moment though the sig area is 756px, but that will increase (or decrease if you are on a smaller device) for desktop soon.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It will be responsive soon, so that won't work. At the moment though the sig area is 756px, but that will increase (or decrease if you are on a smaller device) for desktop soon.
    Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A finely crafted forum-setup, I wholeheartedly approve the theme. I'll be busy figuring out all the different and additional nuances first though. Also whatever happened to the wiki of the old site? Is there some sort of information center that we can rely upon for such in-game guidelines?

Reactions: Audentio

Audentio

Web Designer
    Reaction score
    A finely crafted forum-setup, I wholeheartedly approve the theme. I'll be busy figuring out all the different and additional nuances first though. Also whatever happened to the wiki of the old site? Is there some sort of information center that we can rely upon for such in-game guidelines?
    Thanks! And wiki coming soon!

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    How long will the archive of the old site be available?
    The old website is at oldsite.star-made.org and will be available in a read-only format for at least a good while. A few weeks at least.

Reaction score
    The old website is at oldsite.star-made.org and will be available in a read-only format for at least a good while. A few weeks at least.
    I notice certain parts of the wiki are missing on the old site, and everything in the wiki is missing on the new site. Is there going to be any way to get acces to this/ are you going to migrate the wiki or are you ditching it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The new site is really easy on the eyes, that's for sure. Man, the starmade team just continues to advance and advance. Almost brings a tear to my eye to see how far they've come in such a short time.

Reactions: AnnaShade017