Welcome to StarMade, here is what you need to know!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    Thanks to DukeofRealms for posting my thread while we had the intermittent login system issues.. now on with the post!

Greetings Astronauts!

Thanks for playing StarMade and I hope you enjoy your time here on the new forums. For those of you who don't know me, my name is resba and I am one of the Administrators here on the StarMade Forums. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the new forums or the registry system that you would like to voice, please don't hesitate at all to send me a private message! I'm here to help!

That said if you all don't mind a bit of reading please take a moment to review the following, as they are a set of guidelines that myself and the staff of the Forums will be taking into consideration when reviewing content.

I'll be posting some helpful content later about all the fun and new features we have with this software, so be on the look for that as well! So without further ado..

Our Guidelines
    Here at StarMade Dock we have a set of rules and guidelines that you are expected to adhere to if you wish to have a problem-free, enriching experience being a part of our great community. By registering an account and/or contributing content to this community, you agree to these terms and conditions of service.

Please be sure to read all of our posting guidelines and our stickies, as well as these guidelines as ignorance is not a valid defense.

1. No excessive usage of profanity

While we have no objection to sharing your opinions and debating a topic - in fact, we encourage it - with other members of this community, we do not tolerate any excessive profanity whatsoever.

A minor or infrequent usage of profanity is permitted. If you are found to be using profanity frequently, your posts will be deemed of a flaming nature and you will be dealt with accordingly.

Since the measure of excessive usage is ultimately decided by the Administration on a case by case basis, you will receive ample warning prior to being banned due to the infringement of this clause.

2. No racism, discrimination, threats or personal attacks of any kind are permitted.

This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general posting etiquette. There are times when you may not agree with someone, or you've had a bad day and that's fine, we all have those days. But please, for your own benefit, leave your problems off StarMade Dock. Doing so will ensure that the StarMade Dock Community is a welcoming, friendly one.

3. No spamming is permitted, whatsoever.

Spam is posting any content that is not within the topic of discussion, or does not contribute anything to the forums - off topic OR on topic. The definition of spam used by this community is determined by the Administration and is not open to discussion.

4. No flaming, inciting hatred or instigating flame bait is permitted.

This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general posting etiquette.

In general, any parties involved in a flame-fest - whether they be the instigator or the flamer, will be dealt with accordingly. The best way to stay out of trouble, with regards to flame-fests, is to not join in.

5. No selling of products or services. Please.

6. Avatars and signatures need to be of a reasonable size. Abuse of any of these privileges will result in revocation of them.

Our system will resize any avatar that is submitted without a chance for cropping. If you don't like this, or would rather have a more advanced system, we also support Gravatars.

Signature Rules and Guidelines:

You can link to your homepage or favourite site, but you can't use it for advertising.
    Limit your signatures to several lines.
    Please keep the coloured text to a minimum (and your signature readable).
    Please make sure your signature adheres to the other rules and guidelines found on this page
    We reserve the right to edit signatures that we consider (but not limited to): too big, flashy or inappropriate.

7. Do not beg (for likes, reputation).

8. Do not ask for a position on staff.

For those of you interested in being a part of our staff, here's some advice: Since launching we've received requests from people to be a part of our staff - be it IRC, community, etc. but what is important to note is that the vast majority of those requests have been accompanied by a lack of initiative being shown.

Show some initiative and your work will be noticed, along with your attitude and your passion for the community and the chances of us picking you up to help out will be higher. This should really have gone without saying.

Our policy generally is: if you ask for a position or privileges, you reduce the chances of your getting it. You shouldn't have to ask; you demonstrate that you fit the bill and things should fall into line.

9. No advertising.

Advertising of any form of monetary service is completely prohibited. This will result in an immediate clean up of your posts and possible banning from the community.

The concept is simple. You report any posts infringing this Terms of Service, or any of the particular sections in our Rules/Regulations/Guidelines.

Each member is given three chances:

First offense - Warning.
    Second offense - Revocation of abused privileges/infraction given out.
    Third offense - Ban of a length determined by the Administration.
    Note:

While we try to guarantee that every member is given three chances, we reserve the right to make any decision we believe is necessary to address the situation at hand up to and including, but not limited to, banning someone without warning.
    The StarMade Dock Staff reserve the right to read any messages usually deemed private if the situation calls for it (for example, if the contents is reported) and reserve the right to edit or delete any content provided by anyone on StarMade Dock.

The above stated are not absolute. They are guidelines for those wanting to ensure that their stay here is a pleasant one.

Disclaimer:

The views, opinions, or anything thereof discussed on this site and forums are by no means the views, opinions, or anything thereof supported by the StarMade Dock Community Staff or the StarMade Dock IRC staff. While we will try our best to moderate and delete any troublesome content, we may not be held responsible for any content that is posted.
    The StarMade Dock Community Staff reserves the right to modify these and any other guidelines found throughout the site and forums at any time and without notification and an Administrator's word is final.

Above all though, have fun and good luck out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    "Spam is posting any content that is not within the topic of discussion, or does not contribute anything to the forums - off topic OR on topic. The definition of spam used by this community is determined by the Administration and is not open to discussion."

The rules seem fairly reasonable, but this part is sort of contradictory? according to this everything can be defined as spam: any content that is unrelated, but also any content that is related?

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    "Spam is posting any content that is not within the topic of discussion, or does not contribute anything to the forums - off topic OR on topic. The definition of spam used by this community is determined by the Administration and is not open to discussion."

The rules seem fairly reasonable, but this part is sort of contradictory? according to this everything can be defined as spam: any content that is unrelated, but also any content that is related?
    Unrelated or related means that even if the spamming is of something directly related to the topic, it's still spam :)

It's confusing yeah, I prolly should word it better XD

Reaction score
    Unrelated or related means that even if the spamming is of something directly related to the topic, it's still spam :)

It's confusing yeah, I prolly should word it better XD
    So spamming is completely related to quantity, not content?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So spamming is completely related to quantity, not content?
    I think what is meant is that either posting completely off topic OR posting one thing several times can be classified as spam.

Reaction score
    Great to surf the new website. thanks Duke for the great work and anyone involved. great game and fantastic community.

Reactions: AnnaShade017

resba

administrator
    Reaction score
    Since the offtopic is starting to happen I'm just going to lock this thread.

If anyone has a problem please don't hesitate to PM me.

Have a great day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.