StarMade v0.19485 Internationalization Support & Bugfixes

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm very happy to see the issue of shuttle play acknowledged.

As for the language, could you for the love of everything feline please make sure players aren't stuck with translated versions because of some steam-side nationality variable they don't know how to change? Far too often do I find people playing accurate but terrible-sounding translations of games because it's the default and they don't know how to change it.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Now to check if the AI Spawning is actually fixed because my main server was setting the spawn timer so low just to get one or two spawns a day. If it is fixed there are going to be fleets of both Trading Guild and Pirates around. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice to see the docking beam aims were you point it again, that'll make things a lot easier.

Don't know if I will be talking Dutch in the game now, I'm more English oriented for gaming :D

Anyhow without bug-fixes no game, so good work. :cool:

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Spawner seems to be working logged in to a squad of pirates

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    lol this is going to get good since my server set the spawn timer very low trying to get them to spawn. XD

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    lol this is going to get good since my server set the spawn timer very low trying to get them to spawn. XD
    At least you'll be able to try out the /simulation_clear_all command and see the results! :D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    LOL. :)

The fun part is going to be getting turrets up before the update on the server or shortly there after.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    That one I noted down directly, to make sure LOL

Greets,

Jan
    Yep, same here, all I know is that I'm likely to login and find a pirate fleet sitting in my area of space and spawn is going to be flooded.

Oh are the devs ever going to make it so if mobs spawn in protected sectors or try to move through them they won't just stop and do nothing? Rather strange how the mobs just stop when their target is in a protected sector or they try to move through it. They should just pick a valid target outside the area and keep moving until outside that area. Also to help save us from being shot in the ass all damaging rounds firing from within a protected sector are unable to damage anything outside it. :) This would help the age old issue of mobs sitting in spawn and other protected sectors and sniping us as we leave. XD

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Just what I'd expect from a hotfix, and then some, good job!

Now... please... PLEASE fix wireless logic T_T

Reaction score
    It's great that you hear about the transporter and shuttles.
    About your solution to the beacon, it's great. But you could call it "lock-on time" or similar instead of "charge time", I was scared before testing it, I thought you added a nonsense energy charge "just because yes" to nerf it.

I know a friend who will start playing when the game gets translated in spanish :D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Could just make it a consumable as well, this'd make someone have to think about when they used it. :)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    AI macro Simulation was overall pretty broken, but should now be fixed. Response fleets should again work correctly, as well as other encounters/patrols. All weapons trigger a fleet event again.
    Does this also apply to the custom waves? As far as I can recall, they were broken last time. If you had fixed this, than it would totally be worth kitting the pirates and traders with faction-specific ships.

Reaction score
    Extremely not happy with one of the best features added to the game being immediately pulled because people who have the option to change an INI file from 0 to 1 to disable ship-surface beaming are making a well waited for feature go away entirely instead.

I couldn't care less about shuttle game play - for all I care shuttles can go die compared to being able to transport.

Apparently losing ALL SHIELDS isn't a big enough penalty to warrant convenience?

Shuttle players, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    Internalisation?
    Let's make the game avaliable for Deutsch, Polish, Japan and many more countries!

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The transporter beacon now has a charge time. That's just what it needed. I think it's balanced enough as it is now. You still have to drop your shields to use it so you would risk the ship if you used it in battle.