StarMade v0.1917: Completely new advanced Chat

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Wohoooo! Even if it's not a new gameplay feature it's still a very nice (and needed) addition to the game!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    schema ,

I have just played the new version, and found a small annoyance. Whenever you close out of the chat box, whatever you have in your item slot is placed. If you could please fix this in your next update (hotfix or not), it would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't feel like going through the trouble of making a new thread, so I hope this has brought your attention. Thank you very much.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    schema ,

I have just played the new version, and found a small annoyance. Whenever you close out of the chat box, whatever you have in your item slot is placed. If you could please fix this in your next update (hotfix or not), it would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't feel like going through the trouble of making a new thread, so I hope this has brought your attention. Thank you very much.
    Only seems to trigger on the main "chat + channels" menu right? Rest looks like it is fine. You can avoid this for now by just pressing enter, should auto close too unless you have that option disabled.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Only seems to trigger on the main "chat + channels" menu right? Rest looks like it is fine. You can avoid this for now by just pressing enter, should auto close too unless you have that option disabled.
    Right. I just thought it would be helpful to inform the Schine team, or in this case, schema.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I already found an alternative for the IRCbot. The system is built to be modular and has a plugin system, so IRC connectivity is going to come

Reactions: Keptick

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I hate to be that guy, but I disliked the new chat. It makes it feel separated from the HUD's structure, even if you fix it that way.

In fact, I was hoping for a tab (each tab is a channel) system, similar to those MMO's [an All chat, faction chat, PM, and group/party chat], and with no background color.

But well, let's move on.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I feel the same, Korke. The features are nice, but it's not so awesome in the user experience and design department... I'd rather have a persistent window in the corner that has tabs for multiple channels, and doesn't disappear when you go back out of chat and into the game. Fade to semi-transparency, perhaps, but not just disappear completely.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    I am sure switching between tabs would be incredibly easy feature to add. There is an option to keep chat windows on screen. If tabs were implemented then I don't see how any of your desires would be unfulfilled.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There is an option to keep chat windows on screen.
    Not without locking me out of the game itself. I don't mean "Show on HUD," I mean actually keeping a small version of the full chat window on my screen while playing. Kind of like so:
    (This was just a mockup made by resizing the current, overly large chat window. Playing with this setup is impossible since the mouse is still locked to the chat screen/overlay mode unless I close it.)

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Not without locking me out of the game itself. I don't mean "Show on HUD," I mean actually keeping a small version of the full chat window on my screen while playing. Kind of like so:
    (This was just a mockup made by resizing the current, overly large chat window. Playing with this setup is impossible since the mouse is still locked to the chat screen/overlay mode unless I close it.)
    I'm perfectly content with this:

Being able to switch between chat windows would require the mouse movement to correspond to cursor or having some sort of keyboard binds. But I still find it entirely acceptable to press enter to start typing, which is something that hasn't changed.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    The system is built to be modular and has a plugin system,
    Is it exposed so that we can use it, say in server wrappers?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like shiny new things :3

:schema:cat, I will patiently await the shiny with great enthusiasm.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    with these channel setting,,,,,,,,so someday we will have voice chat!?