StarMade v0.189996 Fixes & Balance

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hehe I just saw you come online and I was like "Hmm wonder what he is up to. *looks at your profile* Huh he is looking at the news. *Goes and finds new news update*" Hurrah. I was also having that flickering issue on my laptop. Thankfully its fixed now. Thanks for the fix!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    sry to be the bearer of bad news but when it comes to the area triggers we have the opposite problem now.

before they were invisible, now they're always visible. even with Tab+G

Reaction score
    • Tester
    In Build Mode ? or in normal game mode ?
    What texture Pack ? What texture resolution ?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    In Build Mode ? or in normal game mode ?
    What texture Pack ? What texture resolution ?
    in build mode. for some reason they don't disappear when you Tab+G. flight mode and astronaut mode it appears to be invisible like normal.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Thanks a lot for the fixes, Schema, but um, you might wanna fix your version numbers. "v0.189996" is... like, not okay. "0.1.8.9(b)" and the like would make a bit more sense. Release-Version-Number.Update-Number.Minor-Update-Number(hotfix letter). Or... something. You're the dev, not me... but I'm just saying.

(Also, dev version numbers don't have to be counted in with the release builds. That just makes things confusing.)

Reaction score
    Thanks a lot for the fixes, Schema, but um, you might wanna fix your version numbers. "v0.189996" is... like, not okay. "0.1.8.9(b)" and the like would make a bit more sense. Release-Version-Number.Update-Number.Minor-Update-Number(hotfix letter). Or... something. You're the dev, not me... but I'm just saying.

(Also, dev version numbers don't have to be counted in with the release builds. That just makes things confusing.)
    Changes to the version numbers are planned after this phase (as in, 0.1.1 should be next, if i have the system right, but dont quote me on the exact new version number :P )

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I'll be switching over to an AMD card in a month or two, so thanks in advance for the fixes.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'll be switching over to an AMD card in a month or two, so thanks in advance for the fixes.
    i dont recommend it. i have an amd care (R9 280x) and i can never seem to get anywhere close to the framerate similar tiered nvidia cards get in starmade specifically.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    i dont recommend it. i have an amd care (R9 280x) and i can never seem to get anywhere close to the framerate similar tiered nvidia cards get in starmade specifically.
    I'll deal with it. Nvidia will never see another cent from me ever again. Have you downloaded Omega drivers? Benchmarks taken after the initial release of their cards are significantly higher than when they were first taken.

We'll see how well AMD's cards perform with HBM when their flagship card for the 300 series comes out. If it's as good as it's cracked out to be it will be overkill for starmade at 1080p or 1440p.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'll deal with it. Nvidia will never see another cent from me ever again. Have you downloaded Omega drivers? Benchmarks taken after the initial release of their cards are significantly higher than when they were first taken.

We'll see how well AMD's cards perform with HBM when their flagship card for the 300 series comes out. If it's as good as it's cracked out to be it will be overkill for starmade at 1080p or 1440p.
    Yeah i mean i get 450 fps at spawn, and 100-150 when an 800 meter shell of a ship is loaded. So it still can do something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Still have a problem with everything getting blacked out if I’m more then about 200m from it. And when I turn on lighten in advance build mode most everything still goes dark no matter how close I am. Enabling or disabling MultiDraw has no effect and if I turn on FramBuffers I get a message when I try to start the game saying: ‘FramBuffers are not supported on this Graphics Card. Framebuffers are used for effects like bloom.’
    Ex:
    starmade-screenshot-0000.jpg
    Though some objects stay lit when I turn on lighten: Tiger Area blocks, glass, metal grill, probebly anything that's partly see-through. Also Display modules.

Ex: starmade-scr0.png
    starmade-screenshot-0000.png

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Judging from those black areas along the wedges and corners as well Imma have to assume it also has something to do with how the shaders are rendered. Try turning off shadows and tweak with renderdistance. It could also have something do do with your screen resolution. Try switching to your native screen resolution or lower.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Judging from those black areas along the wedges and corners as well Imma have to assume it also has something to do with how the shaders are rendered. Try turning off shadows and tweak with renderdistance. It could also have something do do with your screen resolution. Try switching to your native screen resolution or lower.
    Shadows aren't on.