StarMade Demo Steam Release

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ill just hold up on play through Steam till you get the "I already bought it but I want it on Steam" sorted out. Any ETA on that?

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Haha, I have to be the one to ask but... what is the difference between a free account and a paid account?? If the demo is what I have now, what will people get if they have the real version? Any perks or benefits we don't know about. I day this because their have to be a real difference for people to buy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Haha, I have to be the one to ask but... what is the difference between a free account and a paid account?? If the demo is what I have now, what will people get if they have the real version? Any perks or benefits we don't know about. I day this because their have to be a real difference for people to buy.
    StarMade isn't always going to be free. Eventually you're going to have to have paid for it, and if you don't, you won't have all the final features.

Reaction score

The answer, beyond anything of material return to you as a paid player, is that you have financially supported something that inspires imagination, encourages cooperation, creates mystery and doesn't hurt anyone on this planet or any other. To me, that is a very small investment in something so rich and entertaining I would have paid ten times that amount.

Enjoy!

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    I am also wondering when we can get a steam code.

Reaction score
    Congrats! Lost this in a computer rebuild and saw it again on steam. Any idea on when we can get steam codes :)

Reaction score
    Awesome. But we need an ETA on steam keys for the people who already own it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Awesome. But we need an ETA on steam keys for the people who already own it.
    Nah, no ETA. They're working on it. And when they say they're working on it, they are working hard to get it done as soon as possible.

Be patient ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd almost say it's not as if you can't play the game if you haven't got the Steam key yet, so just be patient, it'll get there sooner or later. ;)

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd almost say it's not as if you can't play the game if you haven't got the Steam key yet, so just be patient, it'll get there sooner or later. ;)

Greets,

Jan
    Steam won't even get all the updates. So stick to the registry ;)
    I'll personally be getting a steam version too for testing purposes though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Same here, but for playing I much rather will use the current version I bought without the need to startup the Steam client every time.
    Having it registered and in your library on Steam makes it much easier to go to the discussion section there though.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I want a Steam key so that all of my Steam friends can see how much fun I'm having playing this game.

That's it really.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What a second. Will we ever get Steam Cards and Badges? Id love that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    The StarMade Demo version on Steam has been released!

Basically the Steam equivalent of a free account on the Registry.

Download here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244770 (Where it has "Download Demo")

Have fun!

- SM Team
    what happens when I buy the game? am I just supporting it or am I getting new features. Pls reply don't really know were this is leading. PS how would you get your old words from the website instalation into the steam account?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The StarMade Demo version on Steam has been released!

Basically the Steam equivalent of a free account on the Registry.

Download here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244770 (Where it has "Download Demo")

Have fun!

- SM Team
    I want to try to play the free version of the game before I get the full version, but the demo is not working. I downloaded Java, but a message keeps popping up that says I need to download Java environment. What should I do?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I want to try to play the free version of the game before I get the full version, but the demo is not working. I downloaded Java, but a message keeps popping up that says I need to download Java environment. What should I do?
    First of all, hi!
    Second, it probably is best if you submit a support ticket. Please include your OS, as it will help in determining what went wrong (java problems mostly are related to the OS, or some other software).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    First of all, hi!
    Second, it probably is best if you submit a support ticket. Please include your OS, as it will help in determining what went wrong (java problems mostly are related to the OS, or some other software).
    How do you submit a support ticket?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420420857,1420420065][/DOUBLEPOST]Nevermind. I found it.