Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yay, new update :D

Mining volumes increased by over 100%... :confused:

Still no fix/change for Larimar/Dolom asteroid distribution... :eek:

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    Well I didn't play for few months, but it seems hw requirements increased a lot. It's really hard to mine resources, when going near planet turns game into total lagfest.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    People shouldn't complain about not having enough resources now because if you own the system you get x12 more resources[DOUBLEPOST=1417605924,1417605825][/DOUBLEPOST]You aren't suppose to mine planets, with asteroids being bigger you won't need to mine planets[DOUBLEPOST=1417606814][/DOUBLEPOST]Schema there is still a problem you need to solve. You need to make hull more powerful

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nice. You certainly deserve a cheesecake :p

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hello players,

a hotfix has been released. Read the full changes here:

http://star-made.org/news/starmade-0-1851-hotfixes-and-more-mining

Thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema
    really nice update :D :D :D I love that fact that you are doing these small fixes that I have been longing for, for such a loooooooooong time :D[DOUBLEPOST=1417613106,1417613065][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well I didn't play for few months, but it seems hw requirements increased a lot. It's really hard to mine resources, when going near planet turns game into total lagfest.
    lower maxdrawsegments - you dont need to render the back of the planet :)[DOUBLEPOST=1417613206][/DOUBLEPOST]
    People shouldn't complain about not having enough resources now because if you own the system you get x12 more resources[DOUBLEPOST=1417605924,1417605825][/DOUBLEPOST]You aren't suppose to mine planets, with asteroids being bigger you won't need to mine planets[DOUBLEPOST=1417606814][/DOUBLEPOST]Schema there is still a problem you need to solve. You need to make hull more powerful
    I honestly don't want it to be more powerful (it will be solved with that hp system) - but I want it cheaper, not the basic ones but the standard and advanced armour. Advanced aremour is so much harder to make than shields, and shields benefit your ship so much more :/ You know what I'll make a suggestion about that :)

Here it is: http://starmadedock.net/threads/armour-should-be-cheaper.4492/#post-69614

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    there is now a 10% chance of any asteroid spawning anywhere to combat the problem with rare asteroids
    Thank you for this. Searching rare asteroids isn´t a problem for me but searching for hours without finding even one is a problem.

Reaction score
    loving the frequent updates, been back playing starmade for a few weeks now and loving all the new stuff recently XD im just wondering if i wanted to change the ore distribution myself would i be able to?? if i can were would i need to go, kinda new to modding and such but iv had lots of fun with messing about with blockBehaviorConfig, im hopping i would be able to make ore veins much larger but much more rare.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was just talking to someone yesterday about increasing the stock in shops.. Good move! I think more needs to be done to help players replace shops though. Listing your "shop" on a server list for example, and giving it trading guild protection might be a start.

Also, being able to sell ships between players is awesome, but there needs to be a better mechanic than dropping credits into space. A trade window would be nice. Entering Items and credits into the trade window with player X.

Another mechanic that would be nice would be a vending machine style logic block, you insert credits, a ship is undocked and unfactioned.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well this sounds great, let's see if I can finally find a blue one - that's an asteroid type ya know - at last. :D

Greets,

Jan

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I can't thank you enough for this. I do have a crucial question though:

Has larimar asteroid belts not spawning been fixed?

Reason I'm asking is because shields crafting is impossible without hardcore planet mining due to the larimar asteroids containing the crucial certise ore...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can't thank you enough for this. I do have a crucial question though:

Has larimar asteroid belts not spawning been fixed?

Reason I'm asking is because shields crafting is impossible without hardcore planet mining due to the larimar asteroids containing the crucial certise ore...
    No, it hasn't. I checked.

Reaction score
    Allow players to stock shops with ships they've created. This will allow players to buy ships with credits, but someone still had to create the ship with materials, therefore is a direct connection to the economy.

In a fully realized server, I see players who will want to mine. I see players who will want to create. I see players who will want to mass produce ships in ship yards. I see players who will want to complete missions. I see players who will want to salvage parts from bases and players. I see players who will want to pirate. Some players will want to do many of these things. Some players will have no interest in some of them. Give players the option to do what they want.

By allowing players to sell completed ships, you'll actually be improving the economy. You'll be giving a reason and store front to mass ship yards. Sure, they can sell them directly if they are online, but with a storefront all they need to do is stock the shop, and log off, and it will run itself.

This gives players the option to earn money however they see fit, and if they don't want to build and create but buy from respected ship builers, they can.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Schema there is still a problem you need to solve. You need to make hull more powerful
    I think hull should benefit from having a hull block behind it. This would do 2 things, encourage thicker hull in critical places, and it would also make shooting a hull at an angle less effective. This is how armor works in real life anyway. The back armor strengthens the front armor by supporting it.

The way I think it could work (and this is going to require tweaking) The front plate gets a % increase from the hull behind it in armor, and an increase of half of that block's hp.

EG.

all blocks 50% armor, 100 hp

1 layer, normal
    2 layers, 1st block 75%, 150 hp, second block 50% armor, 100 hp.
    3 layers, 1st block, 87.5%, 175 hp, second block 75% 150hp, third, 50%, 100hp
    4 layers, 1st block, 93.75% armor. 187 hp, second block 87.5% armor 150hp, third block 75% armor, 4th block 50% armor, 100hp.
    Maximum of 4 layers benefit

any layers on top of that would have the 93% armor and 187 hp of the 4 layer armor.

Another thing to encourage hull is to give a slight armor benefit to shielding for having hull. This would also give rise to a new type of hull, one that has less physical armor, and more shielding armor. Maybe it would have regular hull qualities, but would add armor to shields a bit. This would give a disadvantage to nuke cubes in comparison. (my definition of nuke cubes is no hull, this should be changed to noob ships, since I don't consider a proper borg cube to be a "nuke cube")