StarMade 0.175 Custom Server Textures, Fixes, and Secret

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Something I think that spiders should do

- Follow you even if you are in a ship and try to grapple to it
    - Their acid attacks should penetrate shields and they attack random ship blocks´
    - Advanced armour and blast doors are then immune to their acid attacks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is there any way to turn the overwrite off for single player? It currently is impossible to create a mod and test it, because the game overwrites it all the time. A server setting would be nice.

Oh, and one thing that does still need implementing a custom texture for the way a block gets displayed in an inventory (unless there is a way and I don't know about it).

Edit: I would like to see a setting to disable the overwrite because I (and other people) can make mods then.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Is there any way to turn the overwrite off for single player? It currently is impossible to create a mod and test it, because the game overwrites it all the time. A server setting would be nice.

Oh, and one thing that does still need implementing a custom texture for the way a block gets displayed in an inventory (unless there is a way and I don't know about it).

Edit: I would like to see a setting to disable the overwrite because I (and other people) can make mods then.
    The custom textures are not overwritten, only what is in /data/. Since the BlockConfig.xml is in there, too (since we need to overwrite that for new blocks etc), I made the customBlockConfig merger. You can place your special blocks and changes to the block config in there and it wont be overwritten and be merged with the vanilla config. That way I can still overwrite it and you can maintain a custom config without having to replace it on every update.

Reaction score
    Secret special feature:
    YAYYYYY! Wonder what it is!

Aceface: one thing I think SPIDERS should do is...

>Spiders everywhere
    #

Oh you want chairs? Too bad, here spiders fuck you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    One problem is that the template doesn't have all the config options.
    Controlling, controlled by and factory are the ones I could find, but there might be more.

Edit: Will we also be getting custom build icons?

Edit 2: I thought that it didn't save because I was using the block editor in the launcher to change the block's properties. Maybe there could be a custom block section there that allows us to edit the custom block file? (The block editor changes the block in the real blockconfig, and since the custom block overwrites it, the changes aren't saved).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yes but I would rather have a proper 3rd person view like here at 1:36

than adding a million differently unique chairs to the game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    great update with the config injection :D although I would warn anyone from playing with it right now, there is a bug with it that will break your install potentially if you dont know how to manually edit the configs

Reaction score
    Does the adaptive BlockConfig thing work with the blockBehaviorConfig as well?
    Just have to use blockBehaviorConfigImport.xml?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    great update with the config injection :D although I would warn anyone from playing with it right now, there is a bug with it that will break your install potentially if you dont know how to manually edit the configs
    I like it too. But until you can edit the files with the block editor I won't be doing anything with it anymore. Also, the manual changing doesn't work, because not all the config values are in the template.

And tell me more about that bug! Please.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like it too. But until you can edit the files with the block editor I won't be doing anything with it anymore. Also, the manual changing doesn't work, because not all the config values are in the template.

And tell me more about that bug! Please.
    Ill submit a report in a little while, but simply put categories are injected incorrectly, leading to some dodgy shop layouts, and on the second startup of the game it tries to inject the custom config again, and crashes due to duplicate entries.

Reaction score
    dam you schema you telling me im going to need over 20k overdrive blocks for my 300k block ship? no. id just as soon not us the effects at all if i cant shield my ship properly at the same time

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    you dont need them. it will just be slower to charge. there was a bug giving effects 1/100 of the required blocks they are supposed to be.

we can still tweak values should not be balanced of course.

Reaction score
    you dont need them. it will just be slower to charge. there was a bug giving effects 1/100 of the required blocks they are supposed to be.

we can still tweak values should not be balanced of course.
    I was probably using this glitch to my advantage though all i had was a 60% ion effect and 100% overdrive that useda little under 1000 blocks each, this I know is inncorrect, but with the update I would be using over 1/6 of my ship to do the same thing, no i like having full interiors on my ship with curves on the hull. so I cannot afford to use that much of my ship for any of the effects instead of 20k overdrive blocks I think that 5k would probably be more reasonable