StarMade 0.1616 Infinite Chain Docking

Reaction score
    FIRST

Sorry about that. I want to ask, will we be getting some kind of on-ship teleportation with the FTL update? And by 'more interesting structure' what do you mean? Too early to say?

And of course I want to ask about
    chairs
    but I'm not going to because people will hate me.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    ^confirmed for loving other men

it's finally time to design a new more interesting structure for the universe, and with that various forms of FTL.
    does this mean that universe generation will have a more realistic feel? as in, systems more disc-like and more distance between systems?

Reactions: 3ch0
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    When you say "new more interesting structure for the universe" you are referring to generation? if so, i love the idea

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can anyone tell me if you now can salvage nacht ore? And if you can stand on the micro assembler? (It previously wasn't physical.)

Edit: If you can salvage nacht ore and not get hattel shards, that is.
    Can you now also build ships on planets without always getting the "position blocked by planet" message?
    And do the stop modules now cancel out gravity in stead of pretending to be overdrive?
    And... Well, no and. This list has actually ended. The other bugs aren't impor... No, wait, one more bug that I hope has been fixed:
    Can you now drag your laser, healing beam and power supply beam without having the game crash on you?

Edit 2: I'm asking because I can't play star-made right now.

Edit 3: Improved universe generation? Everybody dance now! :)
    FTL: awwwww... What does this button do? (Pressing button. Button is pressed, charging sound follows:) Huh? (Computer:) Initiating FTL in three... (Me:) Please! Two... Don't do this! One... I'm too pretty to die (sobbing) Zero. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! (Poof!) Oh, few, there is no FTL yet.
    A couple of weeks later:
    (Me talking to the character) Hé, do you want to try out FTL again? It is implemented now!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    i for one,im super excited for the future updates :D
    cant wait to see what he means with the "new structure for the universe" ,sound epic !!!

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i guess he means a new general structure of it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know three things that are going to change:
    1. The new rocks that currently only spawn on asteroids will now also spawn on planets.
    2. There will be new cover textures, and it will be similar to the grass in minecraft.
    3. Last but not least, the new default stations!!!!!!! ;)
    Edited: 4. Sector specific influences on ships.
    Edit: Can anyone please post a link to the bugs that have been resolved?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Can anyone tell me if you now can salvage nacht ore? And if you can stand on the micro assembler? (It previously wasn't physical.)

Edit: If you can salvage nacht ore and not get hattel shards, that is.
    Can you now also build ships on planets without always getting the "position blocked by planet" message?
    And do the stop modules now cancel out gravity in stead of pretending to be overdrive?
    And... Well, no and. This list has actually ended. The other bugs aren't impor... No, wait, one more bug that I hope has been fixed:
    Can you now drag your laser, healing beam and power supply beam without having the game crash on you?

Edit 2: I'm asking because I can't play star-made right now.

Edit 3: Improved universe generation? Everybody dance now! :)
    FTL: awwwww... What does this button do? (Pressing button. Button is pressed, charging sound follows:) Huh? (Computer:) Initiating FTL in three... (Me:) Please! Two... Don't do this! One... I'm too pretty to die (sobbing) Zero. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! (Poof!) Oh, few, there is no FTL yet.
    A couple of weeks later:
    (Me talking to the character) Hé, do you want to try out FTL again? It is implemented now!
    Some of the answers you can give yourself by checking the statuses of the bugs you reported. For instance: You very likely still can't really build ships on planets.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I thought so. Problem is, there are so many bugs... I've reported a lot (about seven), and the only one that is in queue right now, is the bug that causes the micro assembler to be non physical.

I guess I'm going to have to wait and see what bug they pick next...
    Edit: The crashes have been fixed, that is good news actually. Well done and a very big thank you to all those people squashing bugs, fixing crashes and resolving all the other issues that occur.

Last edited:

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    After updating to this version I immediately started getting graphical glitches. If a newly placed block (or group of blocks) touches a block placed immediately before it then those blocks will become invisible. I am using an AMD Raedon HD 6450 (I hate it) and all of my graphics drivers are up to date.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, yes, yes, thank you, thank you, thank you for that. Unfortunately I'm also using intel... But once it is fixed, I'll be able to run the game with even better settings!

Edit: About the universe generation thing (things I hope will change)
    1. The most obvious one of them all: better planet generation. Ever seen a planet with a radius of less than 50? They look ridiculous. The thickness of one segment is greater than the radius of the core. It really looks stupid.
    2. Also to do with planets, but not actual generation. The segment edges should be improved. Right now you can fall between segments, and it isn't easy to get out.
    3. More asteroids in bigger sector sizes.
    4. Different structures.

Now for something I forgot to mention in my previous post of what was confirmed to be in the game:
    Check the edit.
    Edit 2: It says edited and then 4.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    AAAAAAAAARG, this is to much to bearr. *dies*

I'm going to have guns on the guns of my guns.

Edit: "doesn't apply to turrets".... Darn...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I got a message before in the game that there will be chain docking.

Reaction score
    Two patches ago every texture was displayed as glitchy triangles, at least for me and some other players. It was unfixable, user side.

Last patch, everything was fine again. The glitch was gone, though it wasn't mentioned in any changelogs.

This time, when I first started the game after updating, I could normally see stuff; a shop, some asteroids, and a previously loaded ship. Then, in two seconds, every block became completely invisible, and stayed like that. Changing the settings did nothing.
    I deleted the game and downloaded a clean install. The shop is now visible. Any ships or ship cores I spawn are still invisible.
    After switching texture packs, some ship chunks become visible for a few seconds, but only after the first restart and never again.

Getting game-breaking visual glitches every second patch is a bit unfortunate.

For the record, I have an older nvidia card. I have absolutely no problems with it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    good thing everything i have now is from AMD,i had nvidia and i wanted to throw my whole PC through the window