SATURN Shipyards -- Creativity to the Max!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thread locked due to inactivity.
    The creator of this thread may request it be unlocked by sending a private message to a moderator.
    ----​
    Greetings, folks!

SATURN Shipyards started in Q3 of 2013 under DanClarke's faction's flag and slowly but steadily made its way to the top list of StarMade build servers. The community consisted of marvellous chaps from all over the world, and it was a true community indeed. There were no internal political conflicts, rendering the server a peaceful place to be.
    Until, a few months ago, we disappeared without a trace. The server went offline, the website... well, we don't speak of the website.

But now, we're back!
    And with your help, we can return to the former glory of the days of old. All of you who once were on the whitelist still are, so there is no need to re-apply -- just step in again like you did before!

-----

SATURN is meant to offer space for the creative mind to toy with concepts of all kinds, while equally being able to exchange ideas and generally have fun with the other players.
    You can either choose to experience the game as it's meant to be, relying on RP elements and progression to gather resources, or ask for admin rights so as to unleash your creativity to its fullest, without constraints.
    Of course, to secure the universe and the players, you first must prove yourselves to be worthy, in both personal as well as professional aspects.

This is also why there is a whitelist.
    To apply for the server, please fill out the form below:

IGN:
    Faction (optional):
    Timezone / Nationality:
    Pictures of completed work:
    Reasons to apply:
    Extra information:
    ²

1 There is no need for your work to be art gallery-level stuff. There has been no case of rejection because of bad work, but rather because of not showing anything.
    ² This bit is meant for you to talk about yourselves, just a short text possibly including other games you play or interests you pursue out-of-game.

-----

Media

-----

Rules! Laws! Constrai- No, we don't have that. Really.

By applying, you agree to abide by these few very simple rules:

Primary Rules:
    1. No griefing!
    As long as there is no in-character (RP) war, see below, deliberate destruction, theft or removal via admin commands of players' possessions is forbidden. Actually, admin removal is never allowed.​
    2. No insults and threats!
    SATURN was founded under Dan's vision of a friendly and polite environment, and we want to stay true to that. If there are disputes to be settled, do it in a diplomatic way or take it over to private messaging.​
    3. No abuse of admin commands!
    If we decide to trust you with the use of admin commands for building purposes, you agree on using it for the benefit of all. Malicious usage will be prosecuted strictly by removal of admin rights and also revoking the right to ever regain them.​

RP / War / Other:
    4. Remain true to fairness!
    In case of war or unsettled in-character disputes, the issue is to be resolved in fairness and in-character. War will always be fought within its respective limits. If a party violates an agreed-on rule, war will be declared invalid. If a dispute becomes personal, neutral third parties will mediate, or Rule #2.​
    5. RP is meant to be RP!
    If you, as an observer, are in the vicinity of an RP session, do not intervene out-of-character. If you wish to engage in the action, do so appropriately. Also, try to respect the in-chat conversation if there is any. Equally, RPers should try not to interrupt an OOC discussion.
    -----

Features!
    - Powerful server hardware!
    - 200 Mbits guaranteed bandwidth! (up to 1 Gbit!)
    - From the Netherlands!
    - With love!​
    - 250 km/h top speed!
    - increased sector sizes to 5000!
    - 50 players max
    - Blueprints!
    - 32 slots per player, local upload possible!​
    - Authentication!
    - 150 million starting credits (to buy a station and everything for a safe haven right away)!
    - real-life admins to touch and talk! (I'd rather stick to the latter, thanks.)

Enjin Website: http://saturn-community.enjin.com/
    Wikia Wiki: http://saturn-shipyards.wikia.com/wiki/S.A.T.U.R.N._Wiki
    Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/saturnshipyards (new!)
    (All will be updated soon.)

-----

Newsticker:
    September 27th -- The new server is live! Check below for the IP.​

IP: 185.28.190.60:25606
    TS3: 5.9.54.13:13000

• TS3 password: maximumcreativity

Below we have the old server's details until it's shut down for good somewhen in October. If it's up, you can join and still save everything to local.

IP: 5.9.54.13:4242

-----

[...] this server is fucking amazing. :3
    - We aren't making this up; it really is. Thanks to the awesome community. ♥

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    YAY SATURN IS BACK :D

will all of the ships that were on the old server still be there or was the univese reset?

also if you need it I would be more than happy to help with server upkeep :)

Reactions: SkullCollector
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Holy cow, quick reply.

Great to see an old friend, you. Don't worry, the universe is still as you remember it, but might be reset once all players have recovered their ships.
    And cheers for the offer, but the server is a private one and therefore requires no payment. :)

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    glad to here it :) I will be logging on sometime today to bp all my ships.
    by upkeep i ment moderating :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ah, now that might be of interest.
    Seeing as Dan has bailed, I might need some company to fight loneliness. And griefers.

I'll set up an application form when I've got time on my hands.

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Glad to see you fellows back on your feet. What ever knocked you out of orbit?
    Will the planet of Saturn be featured? I hear it's not very dense.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ah well, the downfall of most grand civilisations was triggered by car accidents and exam stress, and so it was for us. The latter is not yet overcome, but it's getting better.

I think that's why Dan picked SATURN for a name. He wasn't very dense either.

Reactions: hindos
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Oh wow. I might have to come on and grab a few things I left on SATURN.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    After taking a peek at the Wiki and hearing about this place I might decide to join.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Can't say I object to that, heh. I'd like to welcome you one day.

---
    I'm currently working on a new spawn station and it's basically open-source. Whoever wants to lend a hand is welcomed to do so.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hello there!

I'm sorry I let this thread die, but I thought I shouldn't spam the forums and instead just advertise privately.
    The server has been updated yesterday and should run just fine. If anything lacks, please let me know.

Reaction score
    Faction: none

Reasons: I want to join due to the fact that I cant find any servers and my my friend legobeast247 recommended it to me.
    Extra Information: I speak some German, I love aviation related things
    Time zone : Texas time...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    IGN: Jonj57
    Timezone / Nationality:PST U.S.
    Pictures of completed work
    *: http://imgur.com/4Ls5lvK Here she is for now, nowhere near comeplete but she's presentable.
    Reasons to apply:Looking for a server with others to build and have fun with
    Extra information
    :
    I've only been playing Starmade for a week or so, but I'm a minecraft veteran and the block building system is something I think I'm pretty good at.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Timothus, please go over the application form once again and check your image link. It might be broken.

Jonj57, you're accepted. Welcome to SATURN! I'll whitelist you immediately.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Usually every other day between 1800 and 2200 CET. But really, you can play whenever.
    In the former days, we had members from all over the world, with one to three always being online.

(Spread the word so that we can be awesome again, that's what I'm getting at.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.