Bug Problem with audio looping

Reaction score
    I read in the "Sound Problems" button menu to put the Openal64 file from x64 into system32 and syswow but it didn't work for me and my audio still loops.

Reaction score
    Java... uninstall the previous version and update to the latest version. Fixed my problems after every attempt at every other suggestion out there failed.

Reaction score
    Java... uninstall the previous version and update to the latest version. Fixed my problems after every attempt at every other suggestion out there failed.
    I tried it, and even completely reinstalled starmade, but I still have the audio looping issue.

Reaction score
    I tried it, and even completely reinstalled starmade, but I still have the audio looping issue.
    Would like to add Im having the same sound looping issue, have re-installed starmade and java. Also if started with sound off, and turning sound back on in settings, produces no sound.

Starmade System Checker Report
    Fri 12/12/2014
    0:35:31.89

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows 8.1 64-bit ....PASS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Graphics Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti ....PASS
    Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS

Reaction score
    Same issue here, tried the same as people that posted above.

Reinstall/fresh install of Java, Starmade. Turning Sound off and on ingame.

Driving me nuts ;)

Hoping for a fix soon.

--edit, specs
    Starmade System Checker Report
    vr 12-12-2014
    18:44:29,84

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows 7 64-bit ....PASS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Graphics Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 ....PASS
    Java version: 64-bit Java 8 ....PASS
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418409482,1418406368][/DOUBLEPOST]I resolved this by replacing both the OpenAL64 and OpenAL32 dll files found in windir\system32 & windir\SysWOW64 with those found in the games folder. ( .\StarMade\StarMade\native\windows )

Decided to try this seeing the process was running in 32bit mode :p

The "sound problem" button in the game-menu only mentioned OpenAL64.

The existing files I found there were signed with a cert from Creativelabs. Probably some left over from another game/driver installation.

Sidenote, just removing those files from the system32/SysWOW64 also solved the issue. I didnt even had to copy the files from the game folder any more. But, keep reading ;)

Other programs might depend on them, so I can't really recommend that move, copy them and overwrite them both from the starmade folder.

Last edited:
    Reactions: meadowsfox
    Reaction score
    Put OpenAL file from StarMade into System32 and SysWOW and the looping continues. It just sounds like a repeating buzzing whirring noise that eventually gets annoying as it begins to sound like something grating or tapping loudly. Worse- disabling sound does NOT turn sound off, neither does reducing volume. No other audio seems to be functioning. All I can hear is the loops of whirring/buzzing etc. Please Fix!