Orion Class Battlestar

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

===For Immediate Public Release===
    The Colonial Ministry of Defense is pleased to announce the design and beginnings of new ships for our fleet! Many designs are still classified, but one is authorized to be released to the public at this time.

THE ORION CLASS
    Pocket Battlestar
    Authorized by the Admiralty to carry the class Battlestar, the Orion class will be smallest class to carry that title. The Orion class is designed to be small, sleek, and agile while still packing a punch for the Cylon Menace.
    ==============================================================================
    Dimensions of Project
    Exact Dimensions are still classified, but approximate dimensions are around 420 meters long, 140 meters at the widest, and 150 meters at the tallest point.
    Purpose
    The Orion class Battlestar will be outfitted for long range recon and covert troop insertion via Raptors. To supplement this role, the Orion will be outfitted with adaptive hull that renders the ship invisible on DRADIS.

Armament
    The Orion class will be outfitted for light skirmishes alone, or constant combat with it's assigned Battlestar Group. Armament will consist of 12 Dual Krupp Mk 42/14-E Class 08 Naval Heavy Auto Cannons, Flak Cannon defense fields, and six BGM/N missile tubes.

Range
    The Orion class is designed to be a long-range intelligence gathering ship and tactical insertion force. The FTL drives will be top of the line: Celestus F-Class FTL Drive System, offering both quick charge ups for FTL and dependable range.

With a crew of 155, the Orion Class will be a significant advantage over your enemies. The fleet feels that once finished, the Orion line will provide us a significant advantage over the Cylons in this bloody war.

This project is a work in progress, and this post will be updated when progress is made.

Contact your local Colonial Fleet Liaison for more information

NOTICE: Update schedule due to other outstanding orders by the Admiralty slates this design to have work crews building every Wednesday, but progress may be made by work crews that finish their assignments before then. The project lead/fleet PR director (Rixxan) will be checking this thread and answering questions all days.

SO SAY WE ALL

===End Transmission===
    ==============================================================================​

Attachments

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We've never had a full blown Battlestar Shipyard just the odd ship or two.

Followed.

Reactions: Rixxan
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

Construction crews are glad to announce the completion of one-quarter of the superstructure, and the initial rough fit of two of the four Kyeser K1-15 Sub-Light Engines, with refining to come. The engines will allow this to be the fastest Battlestar to date!
    =====================================================================================================

Contact your local Colonial Fleet Liaison for details!

SO SAY WE ALL
    ===End Transmission===
    =====================================================================================================​

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Those engines aren't final are they?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

Construction crews are glad to announce the completion of the top half of the superstructure, and the fitting of the four Kyeser K1-15 Sub-Light Engines.(They rotate!) The flight hanger doors have been completed. The twelve Krupp MK42/14-E Class 08 Naval Auto Cannons have been fitted. Short Range wireless aerials have been fitted as well. The six Zenith SLBM-212/B4 Launch Systems have been rough fitted for the hull.
    =====================================================================================================

Contact your local Colonial Fleet Liaison for details!

SO SAY WE ALL
    ===End Transmission===
    =====================================================================================================​

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

There has been a slight setback. A Cylon agent planted a bomb on board one of the supply ships, severely damaging the bow and fuel reactors. The system has been refitted successfully, as well as completion and repair of almost the entire superstructure. The lower observation tower and fuel balls are yet to be installed, as well as the CIWS turrets. The CIWS turrets have been rough fit and are expected to be installed. The interior refit is soon to come. Questions will be answered as soon as possible.

SO SAY WE ALL.
    ===End Transmission===

Last edited:

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Whats the massive dish on the bottom of the design picture?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!

The Colonial Ministry of Defense is pleased to announce the design and beginnings of new ships for our fleet! Many designs are still classified, but one is authorized to be distributed to the public at this time.

THE COLONIAL RAPTOR
    Multi Mission Small Craft
    Authorized by the Admiralty to carry the class Small Craft, The Raptor is designed to be small, sleek, and long-range where a full battlstar is not required.
    Dimensions of Project
    Exact Dimensions are available, with the dimensions are 21 meters long, 8 meters at the widest, and 17 meters at the tallest point.
    Purpose
    The Orion class Battlestar will be outfitted for long range recon and covert troop insertion, Search & Rescue, and Transport duties without having to utilize valuable Vipers arose. All Raptor variants are capable of space-borne and atmospheric operations.
    Armament
    The raptor will be lightly armed, with four small light missile launchers and two light cannons, not suited for one-on one combat with foes. Upon engagement by hostile forces, an immediate withdrawal is advised.

Range
    The Orion class is designed to be a long-range sub-light transport and a short range inter-ship and inter-system craft capable of atmospheric operations.

With a crew of 2, the Raptor will be a significant advantage and feel the needs of your short-range craft.

The Raptor comes standard with interior cockpit lights, Landing Gear, a Salvage Beam, Healing Cabinet, a spotlight, and hard lock with a ventral hatch.

Contact your local Colonial Fleet Liaison for more information

SO SAY WE ALL

===End Transmission===
    http://starmadedock.net/content/cylon-war-raptor.3517/

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Rixxan plz

Why do you call it the Orion class, WHEN IT's OSIRIS! D:

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A battlestar? Liked! I'll follow this thread.
    (But yeah, the engines are a bit subpar - I understand the use of placeholders though)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Rixxan plz

Why do you call it the Orion class, WHEN IT's OSIRIS! D:
    The battlestar class is Orion, as found Here: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Orion_Class_Battlestar
    The only ship of the Class ever seen on screen or know as canon at all is the Osiris, but I can definitely once this is done do custom naming jobs for people. In fact, I recently finished the entire hull of the ship, so stand by for that update.

A battlestar? Liked! I'll follow this thread.
    (But yeah, the engines are a bit subpar - I understand the use of placeholders though)
    Yeah, I've been having issues with that fact, It's harder than it looks to make good engines. I keep experimenting, but each one looks worse than the previous. If anyone has ideas on how to get decent engines as seen here please let me know.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The battlestar class is Orion, as found Here: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Orion_Class_Battlestar
    The only ship of the Class ever seen on screen or know as canon at all is the Osiris, but I can definitely once this is done do custom naming jobs for people. In fact, I recently finished the entire hull of the ship, so stand by for that update.

Yeah, I've been having issues with that fact, It's harder than it looks to make good engines. I keep experimenting, but each one looks worse than the previous. If anyone has ideas on how to get decent engines as seen here please let me know.
    Damn your link gives me a 403...

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Ooh, is that my Viper MKVII I see there? I do need to do a better version of that. The cockpit is terrible, it is the equivalent of someone not sitting up in a chair...

Brilliant work so far, I do love it! Of course, some things can be improved like the engines, but I do like what you have done so far and cannot wait to use this ship! Good luck!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    wtf, why was the BSG wiki shut down?
    BSG wiki is back up!

Ooh, is that my Viper MKVII I see there? I do need to do a better version of that. The cockpit is terrible, it is the equivalent of someone not sitting up in a chair...

Brilliant work so far, I do love it! Of course, some things can be improved like the engines, but I do like what you have done so far and cannot wait to use this ship! Good luck!
    Thanks! I still am trying to figure out the engines, that's what most work has been going toward, I just can't get them to look right. Also the power spheres are in development. On the viper, Yes, I think it is, if it was up on the dock. I tried out a bunch of vipers, but they were all post weapon overhaul and so aren't great in this stage of the game. They make good cannon fodder though. I'm pretty sure my next update to this if I give up on the engines for now might make for a little bit of bang addition... :rolleyes: