Offline LAN play

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hey, just wanted to say what an amazing game!! loads of potential.
    I was just wondering if the was a way with the current alpha version or a plan to integrate offline local(LAN) play between myself and a buddy and how to set it up if it already exists :D
    thx

Reaction score
    I think it's already possible.
    For a LAN, one of the network must create a dedicate server.
    Then by using the port with the IP adress of the lan network you should be able to connect to each other.
    Ex for the port : 192.168.0.1:4242 ( Don't know if this one will work but if i'm correct, the 192.168.0.1 is the default one for lan network )

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Yeah, the game is multiplayer in all regions (local area network or internet).
    To start a LAN game, you pretty much do exactly as Elladan already said. But since you probably are connected to a router at home, ususally that router gets the IP 192.168.0.1, and the router is not where you want to try to connect to.

To find out the local IP of the host where the StarMade Server is running, press windowsKey+r, then type cmd and press enter, then type 'ipconfig' and press enter. The entry IPv4 Adress is what you are looking for.

Reaction score
    @bobbybill123: Yes it\'s possible on Mac too, but you\'ll find your local ip on the Network Utility. It\'s in Applications/Utilities.

Reaction score
    Yes it should work fine as long as they are the same version

Reaction score
    Localhost would be your computer, not a remote one... are you on the same network (LAN) or trying over the internet?

You should just need to put the ip address of that computer, like 192.168.1.104 and the port (default 4242) so it should look like:

192.168.1.104:4242

If you are trying over the internet, I suggest you use a different thread since this is talking about LAN connections.

Reaction score
    One thing you need to verify is that every computer has a unique IP address.

So as Elladan said in the second post up top, on each computer, open a command shell or the network settings dialog and check its IP address. If there are two or more using the same address, you need to change those to individual ones. The first parts (usually 192.168.1) have to be the same, only the last portion needs to be different. So say you want two clients and a dedicated server, a viable setup would be 192.168.1.10 and 192.168.1.20 for the clients, and 192.168.1.250 for the server.

You can\'t go below x.y.z.1 or above x.y.z.254, full tens are usually a safe bet.

Exactly how you do this varies between OSes, searching the web for \"YourOSName IPv4 configuration\" should get you started.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My brother and I want to play lan but it is not working. We have different IP addresses, but it still wont work. My quess is that it is our router that is the problem. How can i change it or at least fix the problem?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You need to run dedicated server and connect clients to this IP.

You need to check your firewalls too.

Do you realize you necroposted?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, i would like to have my account deleted. I want to remake it, dont worry. I love this game. I will not leave the community

Thank You A Lot! And Thank You For Making This Game! :D