Votes: 21 95.5%
    • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Others: (reply)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

Basically, it connects two entities A, B. And allow entity C(rail car) to move from one rail
    to another.It can be use in a lot of ways, the first thing in my mind is to connect two ships
    and transfer people from one to another. Or transfer people between ship and station.

When two entity are connected together with this block, there should also be a
    debuff for both entities, to keep them stay at one place, no movement is allowed.

It works like this

To disconnect, just flip the direction around :)

And the middle magnet ring works like this, to prevent rail connecting in a wrong direction.

And it works like the old dock, which can undock things with a single alone logic block.

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I really like it.

Why not just add this to the rail docker instead? It fits to it.

Reaction score
    I really like it.

Why not just add this to the rail docker instead? It fits to it.
    do you mean rail basic? coz rail docker is the part dock to the rail
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430037228,1430035968][/DOUBLEPOST]yea, thinking of that for a while.
    it made sense to add this function to the rail basic.
    But it's less cool ;) the block connecting two ship should be special and recognizable

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We really need a connection, however the less blocks the better - if rail basic can do it, why not.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Really cool. I know that contact docking is already planned. Hopefully it'll work when there's no player in one of the two entities getting docked.

It'd be even better if it could be expanded with your idea. +1

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have been thinking how neat this would be (passing a subentity from one entity to another). This will add even more options.

1. Launching multiple fighters and drones out of the same airlock (possible already with stacked carrier elevators)
    2. Mounting multiple turrets where they are needed most ("Hey, no fair! I just cleared the turrets off his hull!")
    3. RP stuff, like an active factory floor, cherry-picker, or robotic grabber

Reaction score
    I have been thinking how neat this would be (passing a subentity from one entity to another). This will add even more options.

1. Launching multiple fighters and drones out of the same airlock (possible already with stacked carrier elevators)
    2. Mounting multiple turrets where they are needed most ("Hey, no fair! I just cleared the turrets off his hull!")
    3. RP stuff, like an active factory floor, cherry-picker, or robotic grabber
    yes yes and yes !!
    you totally get what i mean, being able to connect two entities' rail system is important for all kinds of good and fun stuff

Reactions: Kaelani Revyruun
    Reaction score
    I agree that this is a good idea. However, disconnection is manually incurred on this one, so a logic implement would be nice to have that allows polarized connection status via some extraneous logic circuit. This would allow automatic undocking at the push of a button, ex. undocking tons of AI's to harass a pirate base with the flip of switch instead of manually replacing and re-orienting every single block.

Reaction score
    Hell yes, it was one of the first things I tried to do, and I was very annoyed that I couldn't.