Dev Build 0.173

Reaction score
    It might be a good idea on abandoned stations to make it so placing a build block prompts you to refurbish the station and places the build block back in your inventory if you decline, that way you can still use the build block to edit your station, but you are forced to use salvage beams if you do not already own it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    That is an AWESOME solution to the problem of people getting rich off of abandoned stations.

Bravo Sir. I'm not sure if that was a suggestion from someone or if you guys came up with it yourselves, but Bravo.

My next Question: Is there a way to turn that function off via the server config if we desire to?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think you should be able to refurbish blocks on stations using astrotechno beams so that mining them drops the normal block.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    awesome! this makes the idea of my abandoned station even more cool!

we still need a way to be able to buy and place station blueprints rather then just refurbish an old one

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Will the multiple saves be able to have different versions? I currently have one starmade folder with the most recent release and one with the dev build.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I already told you this in private but you guys really nailed the crafting system this time around. Absolutely no points of improvement that I can think of, and that's a beautiful thing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Only thing I don't agree with is the long recipes for the hull and then having extremely short ones for even the most advanced of blocks. I would have liked to see the recipes get one step longer when you go to the next factory. But as I said, that's the only thing I could find, and it's not like it is impossible to change that. I hope the new modding API gets up and running soon so I can get started on modding everything! (not just the crafting recipes, but also all the prices, block values, etc.)

All the other things are brilliant, I mean, come on, who didn't want to nerf the overpowered salvaging of abandoned stations for money? And the new function of the refinery is just pure brilliance! I just love the way we now only get 5 capsules, but 10 (!) alloyed metal mesh or crystal circuits when we refine ores and crystals!

Important to @Calbiri (please forgive me if you are already aware of this):
    Please note that the problem the salvage beams are having isn't just limited to the salvage beams. Anything that can have a slave effect that doesn't do damage has that problem. I noticed this while I was editing the blockbehaviour config a while back to change the OP effects. The effects appear to have been pasted there, meaning that all the normal nerfs that come with everything, the nerfs of course being the decreased damage, no longer apply to those beams, as they don't do damage.
    Most of the other effects also don't acknowledge this problem. The pulse for instance is useless, and the damage beam doesn't get used because the increase in range doesn't outweigh the way better effect of the cannons.

If you are looking for some ideas/examples, you could have a look at these threads I made (a while back):
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/an-imo-balanced-config-for-beam-effects.2794/ (this one has my reworked config, best example I have)
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/please-rework-slave-effects-for-the-non-damage-beams.3515/ (the thread by suggestions where I say all this again, but more in-depth).

Reaction score
    Only thing I don't agree with is the long recipes for the hull and then having extremely short ones for even the most advanced of blocks. I would have liked to see the recipes get one step longer when you go to the next factory. But as I said, that's the only thing I could find, and it's not like it is impossible to change that. I hope the new modding API gets up and running soon so I can get started on modding everything! (not just the crafting recipes, but also all the prices, block values, etc.)

All the other things are brilliant, I mean, come on, who didn't want to nerf the overpowered salvaging of abandoned stations for money? And the new function of the refinery is just pure brilliance! I just love the way we now only get 5 capsules, but 10 (!) alloyed metal mesh or crystal circuits when we refine ores and crystals!

Important to @Calbiri (please forgive me if you are already aware of this):
    Please note that the problem the salvage beams are having isn't just limited to the salvage beams. Anything that can have a slave effect that doesn't do damage has that problem. I noticed this while I was editing the blockbehaviour config a while back to change the OP effects. The effects appear to have been pasted there, meaning that all the normal nerfs that come with everything, the nerfs of course being the decreased damage, no longer apply to those beams, as they don't do damage.
    Most of the other effects also don't acknowledge this problem. The pulse for instance is useless, and the damage beam doesn't get used because the increase in range doesn't outweigh the way better effect of the cannons.

If you are looking for some ideas/examples, you could have a look at these threads I made (a while back):
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/an-imo-balanced-config-for-beam-effects.2794/ (this one has my reworked config, best example I have)
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/please-rework-slave-effects-for-the-non-damage-beams.3515/ (the thread by suggestions where I say all this again, but more in-depth).
    Ya, I was kind of trying to say we were aware of this, without pasting a method to exploit on the news...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I can get capsules and base materials at the same time? Is it my birthday or something? The system was good before and I still like it. Also kudos on the World Editor. Now if I want to try something crazy (but of course we don't do crazy stuff do we?) I can create a parallel universe so I don't ruin all of my progress. My hard drive won't like it very much, but I'm sure it'll come around eventually. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ya, I was kind of trying to say we were aware of this, without pasting a method to exploit on the news...
    So you know about it :)
    It isn't a lot of work, so I assume we can expect it to be changed in the next official release? Great work! Can't wait to see your take on rebalancing the slave effect system!

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Just a thought, why not use the scraps and such for damaged blocks? you have to repair beam a block to be able to get the full block back if it is even slightly damaged.

Reaction score
    I am not able to find the paint recipes in the latest version of the new crafting system. This is on the dev server. What factory is supposed to make them?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Neither; they are still being worked on.

Edit:
    @AsherMaximum , the basic factory makes paint now.

@Calbiri , shouldn't the jump drive modules be 50 Nacht capsules + 100 crystal circuits instead of the current 100 Nacht capsules + 50 crystal circuits?

Last edited: