Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Awesome looking conduits! I wish I could build like this. *Sigh*[DOUBLEPOST=1416195840,1416195687][/DOUBLEPOST]This ship is so amazing, I wouldn't want to fight it, as I might scratch the hull... Oh well, my puny guns wouldn't do anything to it. In all seriousness though, good job! Keep up the good work kleptic!
    Thanks!

You're in luck, I uploaded a copy-paste template for the conduits :D

Reaction score
    to be honest i really, really, REALLY want to set up a 50mil shield one shotter but the size of the thing, it would be bigger than kepticks titan and the entire thing would be just weapon stuff, no defenses or anything other than the weapon and power

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    to be honest i really, really, REALLY want to set up a 50mil shield one shotter but the size of the thing, it would be bigger than kepticks titan and the entire thing would be just weapon stuff, no defenses or anything other than the weapon and power
    That would be more like a 900 million shield one-shoter :P. The use of pulse as slave significantly reduces the size you need.

Reaction score
    oh god, the damages would be massive, not to mention the fact that the ship would be the real, not a scaled down version, size of a borg command ship from STO, about 100 cubic kilometers, just to get the shield cap and regen to a reasonable level, with hundreds of turrets and an entire fleet to protect it

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    oh god, the damages would be massive, not to mention the fact that the ship would be the real, not a scaled down version, size of a borg command ship from STO, about 100 cubic kilometers, just to get the shield cap and regen to a reasonable level, with hundreds of turrets and an entire fleet to protect it
    uh.... not really... Crusade has made a nuke that can do 900 million damage in a single shot and it's only 1.2 million mass. What you're proposing would have something closer to a trillion damage per second, lol.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Awesome looking conduits! I wish I could build like this. *Sigh*[DOUBLEPOST=1416195840,1416195687][/DOUBLEPOST]This ship is so amazing, I wouldn't want to fight it, as I might scratch the hull... Oh well, my puny guns wouldn't do anything to it. In all seriousness though, good job! Keep up the good work kleptic!
    hmm, yes good work kleptick :)

Reaction score
    uh.... not really... Crusade has made a nuke that can do 900 million damage in a single shot and it's only 1.2 million mass. What you're proposing would have something closer to a trillion damage per second, lol.
    that would be a lot of damages, but it would be epic

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Fear not people! I haven't abandoned this project, I'm just going through exams and would like to show that thing I'm working on once it's done instead of halfway through like I usually do.

Reactions: Thalanor

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ok, so I did a very average calculation of the time I've spent building this thing. So, 12 hours on average (it's probably more than that actually), since I started building.

700+ hours......

Last edited:

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Ok, so I did a very average calculation of the time I've spent building this thing. So, 12 hours on average (it's probably more than that actually), since I started building.

700+ hours......

My heart just stopped.
    Did it start again?
    Because if it did, you better get back to work!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #20: LOTS of stuff

Want to know the best part? THOSE ARE TUREEEEETS!!!!!!

Ok, on a more serious note, this is the change-log:

Stats (for a single turret, so times two for both >: D):
    • 46 lock-on missile ports on the sides, 10 million burst damage.
    • Total damage per second (for a single turret): 831k
    • Shields: 10 million, 300k regen (or close to that)
    • 100k mass
    These immensely boost the vertical offensive abilities of the ship.
    So, the pylons for the turrets were a MASSIVE b*tch to make. I had to pretty much tear out and remake the entire side area between the front and back prongs for it to look good. I'm pretty happy with the result! I also took the opportunity to make the underside less boxy

Twas a pain...
    I felt like the super weapon stuck out too much, so I removed the spiky nozzle and added some cool new energy conduits :D

That's it for today! I hope you guys/gals liked what you saw ^_^

Last edited: