Battlefleet Gothic Light Cruisers

Do you like Idea?

• They seem sweet, can't wait to get my hands on them!

Votes: 11 91.7%
    • They seem sweet, would love to help.

Votes: 1 8.3%
    • They seem cool, but I never really liked WH40K too much.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • To each their own

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has ships (or better, hollow hulls) of battlefleet gothic ships?

Specifically, the Space Marine "Grey Knight" Strike Cruiser Variant, and the Endeavor/Endurance/Defiant Group Class of ships.
    (I don't like the new grey knights but I love their strike cruiser design, I want to use the base hull and modify it a bunch)
    Obviously I am not asking for 1 to 1 measurements, but more like a 1/10 scale or a 1/20, so my Intel graphics can cope. Looking for a 150-300 block range, as any shorter might cut off too much detail, while any longer might compromise my framerate!

Now, I LOVE furnishing things and making tweaks and adding interiors to ships, and not too good at just starting out from scratch. Building the shell is the hardest part for me, as I keep undoing what I put up and second guessing myself a lot. In short, I tend to never finish it. But, if the hull is provided, I enjoy myself a lot more and will be able to finish it! I would like to get some hollow hulls of grey standard armor so I can bring the blueprint to the EE server and finish it there, and then share the link with everybody. (yeah, I know, I SHOULD do it on sandbox, but i'm crazy)

I am starting with light cruisers, because that's what I served on in a Dark Heresy RP a long time back, and also don't want to start out too big first with cruisers. (It's strange, I love the looks of the Imperiums Light cruisers, but like the design of the Chaos cruisers over the Imperiums cruisers)

I think there is a 3d mapping program that translates models into starmade, that would be great, but I have only heard rumors and don't know how it would work :/

Here are some cool pictures of what the ships look like! :D

Grey Knight Strike Cruiser:
    Super high detailed version

This looks really good, BUT it also seems WAY TOO CLUTTERED. For reference, here is the physical model:

I would remove the iconogrophy on the armored plates and add my own detail, or keep it clean if it looks better like that. I would change the bridge around from a less obvious I shape, and change some other things to make it more simple. I would try to limit the number of turrets to keep it more economical framerate wise (max of 4-6) and have it act like a mobile base, with factories inside of it and everything.

Endeavor/Endurance/Defiant: Variants of the same hull! Makes it easy, once you have one, you are almost done with them all! I would change the prow to be a little more compact, like the Apocalypse Battleship's prow,

(would be the easiest to make, with a camera facing sideways to line up broadsides)

(Would have the most amount of turrets, +4 heavy lance turrets might make it troublesome in the server, I dunno what the turret limit is, but I was planing on having only 4 ai turrets normally, to deal with missiles and fighters)

(Least heavily armed, but more like a mothership, and more utilitarian. Could hold small salvage ships and be more like a traveling base than a warship)

I would try to make them a cross between these three models:

[DOUBLEPOST=1424554727,1424554526][/DOUBLEPOST]So yeah, TL;DR: Looking for grey standard armor hollow hulls of these ships! Does anyone know where I could get them?

I don't understand this forum search, doesn't seem to bring up what I typed in the box. Also google brings up links to broken download sites and the old site a lot. :/ Help would be amazing! :D

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Update!

Alright, you need the following editors: SMEdit, Binvox, Viewvox, and something like Sketchup.

You import stuff into the program, assume sketchup. Then, you export it as a 3d file with sketchup and save as a .obj.
    Then, using the Command [cmd] Window, you can run both Binvox and Viewvox. That converts the .obj into voxels better than the SMEdit.
    THEN, you can use SMEdit to import the .binvox and tweak it some more, and then you save it as a blueprint.

Now, my only problem is, the lack of the Endevor type light cruiser from, well, everywhere, and the best strike cruiser I could find is only the front half! (but using that as a test, the system worked perfectly).

Can anyone find me some .obj files for light cruisers from 40k? I am looking everywhere, but 2 pairs of eyes is better than one!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive