Bug All wireless logic don't save

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I am making a ship with a lot of wireless logic on it (elevators, cannons, etc). I don't want to redo ALL OF THAT whenever I load a new copy of that ship. Please fix! D:

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Are you sure this is the case? It's working just fine for me. Post the BP

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Mistakes happen all the time, don't worry about it ^^

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm necro-ing this thread because the same thing has begun to happen to me. I recently made a save of a station with working wireless elevators, they became disconnected, and are not connected in the recreated BPs. I have been able to replicate this bug, let me know if anybody else can.

I use C/V to connect, not marker beams.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I had the same last night with my ship. Worked fine in SP, went to MP and besides one item derping (good going at the moment) all seemed intact. However all connections using wireless (I also use c--v) hadn't carried across.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    I've seen this before too, I believe only local blueprints don't save their connections but server side ones do. (SP only has local blueprints)
    We've a bug report about that so when I have some time I'll make sure to check it out so it can be fixed for the next release.

Reactions: iceman6491
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I run a MP server which I log into just me for ship design. The server will remember the wireless connections until the server is restarted then most if not all of the wireless connections break.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I've seen this occur on multiple occasions. The wireless on all of my ships and stations have lost their connections and had to have them reattached. It's a frustrating amount of work to reconnect everything - particularly on the ships that were designed before I recognized the bug, or how frequently it happened, to start labeling and organizing the wireless block locations.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Seems to be working after this patch or at least for me.

To assist relinking wireless connections I put them very close together when possible and when not have a display listing what its suppose to be connected to just encase.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Seems to be working after this patch or at least for me.

To assist relinking wireless connections I put them very close together when possible and when not have a display listing what its suppose to be connected to just encase.
    I'm playing on the red shift server and discovered all my wireless connections were broken again after updating.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    I now include a mandatory "Service" area outside the RP area where all the logic can be found and easily accessed. This is because of all the bugs with logic in general especially the wireless connectors. Which seem to lose their connection every time a sector despawns that has the ship in it (ie when a player logs out and the sector goes inactive).

Reaction score
    Which seem to lose their connection every time a sector despawns that has the ship in it (ie when a player logs out and the sector goes inactive).
    I can confirm this 100%... Now It's not the BP (It was fixed on 0.19320), wireless links dissapear as soon as the ship is left on an inactive sector, which makes a pain to have multiple single-role ships. As soon as you travel a bit to do whatever with one, when you return you have to manually relink all wireless blocks by hand on the other.

P.S.: I wish to highlight that in my SP game, BP wireless work, and when I finish a session while on a ship (ie I shutdown client+server), when I start the game the next time, wireless links work correctly on it. The bug seems to be affecting only the "unloading" process when a sector (and its contents) are released from memory after the innactivity timer goes off.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Wolflaynce

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Which seem to lose their connection every time a sector despawns that has the ship in it (ie when a player logs out and the sector goes inactive).
    I can confirm this 100%... Now It's not the BP (It was fixed on 0.19320), wireless links dissapear as soon as the ship is left on an inactive sector, which makes a pain to have multiple single-role ships. As soon as you travel a bit to do whatever with one, when you return you have to manually relink all wireless blocks by hand on the other.

P.S.: I wish to highlight that in my SP game, BP wireless work, and when I finish a session while on a ship (ie I shutdown client+server), when I start the game the next time, wireless links work correctly on it. The bug seems to be affecting only the "unloading" process when a sector (and its contents) are released from memory after the innactivity timer goes off.
    Oh great, those two quotes may be the final trail why we could not really reproduce this until now.
    When not caring anymore they lost their links from time to time, but when watching them closely and actively leaving and joining the server they kept working. ^^°

Added this info to our report about this:
    T280: Logic of a blueprint saved from server to local folder not working
    (yeah the title was our orginal assumption what made this fail)

- Andy

Reactions: Wolflaynce